The Grand Rapids real estate law firm of Ledford & Associates, has been providing prompt, personal and cost-effective legal services to handle all types of real estate transactions and disputes.
We work with residential homebuyers and sellers as well as commercial real estate clients, including commercial builders, housing developers, condominium associations, real estate brokers and landlords.
Whether you are the owner of a building trying to negotiate with a lender or a commercial tenant trying to negotiate with a landlord, knowing your rights is imperative. If you are seeking assistance with completing the purchase or sale of a home or commercial property, or you need aggressive legal representation in court to resolve a real estate dispute, a Ledford & Associates real estate attorney has the experience you need to reach your goal.
Our Grand Rapids commercial and residential real estate lawyer has the experience and can assist with the following real estate services:
- Drafting or review of purchase and sales agreements - The first step in the process of transferring ownership of a property is a well-considered purchase and sale agreement based on an accepted offer. We will help you understand your legal obligations and rights with each term or contingency in a purchase and sale agreement.
- Supervising the real estate closing transaction - The last thing anyone involved in a real estate transaction wants is a complication at the closing. In addition to confirming that the deed and finances are exchanged, we work proactively to resolve who pays taxes, recording fees, or any outstanding liens.
- Drafting documents for condominium conversion - As the members of a condo association change over time, so do the priorities and rules. It’s important to keep documentation up to date for when new owners enter the picture. We have to make sure that all expectations are clear and there are sensible guidelines in place.
- Drafting or review of commercial construction contracts - Ledford & Associates can help you plan for contingencies and avoid costly battles, rather than just react when things go wrong.
- Drafting or review of commercial lease agreements - Our office can assist you in negotiating the letters of intent, lease agreement terms, preparing amendments and renewals, and ensuring your interests are protected.
- Evaluating title, clearing title, transferring title and resolving title disputes - Ledford & Associates has experience working closely with title officers to avoid potential liability. We can assist you in reviewing the preliminary title report for your property and clearing the title before the close of escrow.
If your transactions have led to your need for legal assistance, we can guide you through the real estate litigation process as well.